Article no.: HGB Styrene Monomer
HELM AG is one of the largest marketers of styrene monomer in Europe. Styrene is mainly used for the production of styrene based polymers like Polystyrene (PS), Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS).
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
HELM AG is marketing half a million tons of styrene monomer per annum with a special focus on Europe. Sources are multiple styrene producers which enable HELM to offer different qualities and reliable deliveries and therefore being a flexible partner for the industry. HELM entertains various storage tanks out of which ships, barges, rail tank cars and road tank trucks can be loaded. The conventional process to produce styrene monomer is the alkylation of benzene with ethylene followed by a dehydrogenation (EBSM method). This “on-purpose” method represents approximately 70 % of the styrene monomer produced globally. Furthermore styrene is a co-product when producing propylene oxide (POSM method).
Examples of applications
The most important styrene derivative is polystyrene (PS), which is used in the production of cd boxes, food containers and drinking cups e.g. Another product made from styrene is the so called Expandable Polystyrene (EPS). It is used in fish boxes, home insulation, motorcycle and bicycle helmets for example. Further styrene monomer derivatives can be found in multiple products of our everyday use like car tyres, toys and automotive components.
- Bulk in seagoing vessels / barges
- Bulk in rail tank cars
- Bulk in road tank cars
- Bulk in iso tank containers